To empower individuals with Down syndrome and their families to be fully included as valued members of our community.
The Down Syndrome Network of Northern Nevada seeks to create a positive understanding of Down syndrome and envisions a community wherein all members are valued for their uniqueness, respected for their contributions and assured the opportunity and choice to create their own path to fulfillment and success. DSNNN advocates for and with individuals with Down syndrome and their families to break down any barriers to full, productive and satisfying lives.
- We serve as a proactive voice for individuals with Down syndrome
- We promote and encourage maximized inclusive opportunities within education, employment, and the community for individuals with Down syndrome
- We believe parents should have accurate information when a Down syndrome diagnosis is given
- Families of babies and young children should have access to early intervention services and resources to build a strong foundation for future development
- We believe that community awareness and education will lead to a greater understanding and support of individuals with Down syndrome
- We celebrate the beauty, uniqueness, abilities, and potential of people with Down syndrome
- We believe all individuals with Down syndrome should be empowered to lead self-determined lives and to understand the importance of becoming self-advocates
- We respect the equal rights of people with Down syndrome as valued members of our society
- We support the role of families in enhancing the lives of their loved ones
- We believe in supporting individuals and families during all life stages
- We value and appreciate enduring relationships with organizations of similar visions